Monday, June 5, 2017

Lug Nuts and Some Exciting News!!!

dh3

This is Debbie’s Lug Nuts quilt using Moda’s Little Black Dress fabric collection.   I used the Allium pantograph, medium beige So Fine thread and Quilters Dream Blend batting.

dh2dh4dh1

Now for my news…..we are moving!!   We have lived in Northern Manitoba for 21 years, my boys were born and raised here and we just love the people and area but it is time for a change.    We have been talking about moving for a few years now but wanted to wait until our youngest graduated High School which happens this month.   My husband was offered a new job last week and he accepted it so he will be leaving at the beginning of July and the boys and I will stay here until the house sells and we have a new place. I’m hoping to be here over the summer and leave the end of August.   So much to do these next few months it is crazy!  Where are we moving to you ask?    1,100 km south east of here to Northwestern Ontario and to a little town of 1,200 people called Emo. It is right on the US border on the other side of the Rainy River.  The best thing is I will only be a 30 minute drive from the Canadian Shield and more beautiful lakes!!  So it won’t be out my door anymore but it will be close by for photo opportunities with my quilts!  Now this will mean I will be temporarily closing Tamarack Shack at the end of June and not sure I will be up and running by September.  But once I have a new place and somewhere to set up my longarm I will be back in business.  So wish me luck in finding a house that will have a nice spot for my longarm, otherwise Tim will have to build me “Tamarack Shack 2!”    I plan to keep blogging as I work on my clients quilt in June and hope to have some time to quilt a few of my own project before the move.  I can’t believe this is actually happening but we are all excited about our new adventure!

dh5

26 comments:

  1. You will be closer to other lakes, and so close to the bridges to the US, looks as though it gets hot in summer and again very cold in winter. wonderful news, we hope to move when our home sells, just waiting for the right buyer. I am sure you will find another home to be happy in, and if the long-arm room isn't there to start with, can always be built by your man just as you want it to be. Congrats on your news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kathy! How exciting! I'll look up your new town later today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And of course, this is a beautiful quilt!!

      Delete
  3. Love the Lug Nuts quilt - I want to make one! Congrats on your exciting move! I don't suppose you will be taking those gorgeous Northern Lights with you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! I'm going to miss all your stories and photographs of the area you live in but I am sure you will find lots more Canadian Beauty to show us. Good luck with all that lies ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moving! Exciting but sooo stressful. Hope the exciting and new part far exceeds the not fun parts (packing and selling a house).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck on your new adventure! Look forward to seeing all the new things in your life, along with the wonderful quilts, when you return to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Kathy...Will miss you on your downtime...Always enjoy all the inspiration you share....I am going to be making your Lug Nuts pattern this summer....Enjoy you new adventure. See you when you return online....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to miss all your beautiful photo shoots with the quilts and the natural beauty if the lake...but i will look forward to new scenery! Congratulations and I hope all goes smoothly with the move. I just moved ...so I'm not envying you! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! for both the quilt and your move ... big changes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many exciting new adventures ahead! Best wishes, I look forward to seeing your new photo shoot locations! P.S the quilt looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I will miss your glorious photo studio! But as you say, there are many new lakes to discover. :D Good luck finding the perfect new home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heel veel geluk in je nieuwe huis. Ik zal ook de mooie fotos missen.
    Natuurlijk ook de prachtige quilts die jij doorquiltte.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How exciting for you and your family! A great new adventure. I'm looking forward to seeing photos of the new place.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, congrats! Looks like you'll be pretty close to us Minnesotans--welcome! Looking forward to seeing your new digs in quilt photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so happy for you that a long-held wish is becoming reality. Praying that all (selling house, buying house and the actual move) falls into place so it's a smooth transition.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Debbie's quilt came out beautifully. I've long admired that fabric line. Congratulations on your big news! New adventures are always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I visited Emo in 1980 visiting my in-laws for the first time. I never got back there, but I remember a quaint town. I hope this move doesn't put a lot of distance between you and your boys. Lug nuts is a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The quilt looks beautiful! Congratulations on your wonderful news! Good luck and Godspeed.- Jean

    ReplyDelete
  19. The quilt looks beautiful! Congratulations on your wonderful news! Good luck and Godspeed.- Jean

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great adventure! All the best for a nice smooth transition.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Manitoba's loss is Ontario's gain. Welcome to our province!!!
    What a change it will be for you, but you will still be in the "north" (said by a Southern Ontarian).
    Like many of the others, I am going to miss your photo shoots, but I bet you will find some new spots that will be every bit as delightful for us to enjoy the quilts.
    Here's wishing that everything falls in line for an easy move and transition.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I will miss reading your blog and seeing your beautiful quilting! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, what a wonderful change! Looking forward to photos in a new to you venue. I wish you much success in selling and finding the right new home. We can always look back on your Schist Lake northern lights photos!

    ReplyDelete
  24. J'aimais tant admirer votre quilting qui était toujours magnifique, ainsi que les photos extraordinaires que vous partagiez.
    Amicalement de France

    ReplyDelete
  25. I envy the new owners of your home, what a scenic location! As a person who loves quilting and loves the northwoods, (spoken as a Minnesotan from the twin cities) your blog with all of its gorgeous photographs of quilts in the woods and near water has been pure joy for me to follow. I will miss that scenery, but I look forward to your creative photography in the new location. Wish you all the best with your move and finding a new home.

    ReplyDelete