Thursday, September 22, 2016

Bloggers Quilt Festival–Applique Category

fest1
This is my second entry into the Bloggers Quilt Festival and this time I have entered my Butterflies quilt, a pattern by Laundry Basket Designs, into the Applique Category.  I made this quilt back in December 2015 so my original post of it was in the snow.  So I thought it would be fun to give it another photo shoot in the fall colours.

fest4
I quilted the butterflies with a free hand feather and swirl motif.  I then stitch in the ditch around each butterfly and pebbled the background to allow them to pop!

fest2
The butterflies are fused down and then machine appliqued using smoky invisible thread with a blind hem stitch.   I started to embroider the antenna but then changed my mind and just drew them on, very happy I did that!

fest5fest7
Hope your enjoying the Festival, the voting starts in three days and the festival runs until Sept 30.

IMG_8712-1024x1024
b5

22 comments:

  1. I love this quilt! But your photos are just nice, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt! It is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Бабочки прекрасны! Удачи.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty. I love the colors of the butterflies, and how you quilted it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful! I just love the feather quilting in the wings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you chose a super quilt for that category, beautiful fabrics and quilting. I have one in the small quilts, it missed being a mini by 4 inches!! looks like soon your settings for a photo shoot will have some snow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love butterflies and I am very excited about your wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fall colored backdrop really brings out the colors. Quilt is still as beautiful now as it first was on the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the butterfly effect! Nice quilt ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful quilt. The quilting is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love this quilt Kathy! the fall colours really bring out the richness of that gorgeous fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely quilt. Those butterflies look almost real! Great photos also. Now following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful quilt! I guess I could spend an hour looking at it in real life, appreciating all the fabrics)) And your photos on all the different backgrounds could be framed and hung as art, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, this is the most beautiful butterfly quilt I have seen in years. In years past, butterfly quilts were quite common, and many were made in calicos and later, in Aunt Grace reprints. But, these batik butterfllies just have an unusual richness to them that I adore. I hope you do well in the competition, but in my mind, you are already a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful quilt. Such lovely colours and the butterflies are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this quilt! I took a class last week taught by Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts. She is so fun and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this quilt! I took a class last week taught by Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts. She is so fun and creative.

    ReplyDelete