Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Inspirational Architecture

 thea1

While on our trip we came across a beautiful building in Menomonie, Wisconsin called the Mabel Tainter Theatre, built in 1889.  The ornate designs on the outside of the building were amazing and I had to stop to take pictures.  I found the designs very inspirational and think they could be adapted to quilting designs.  I’m sure many of you find inspiration in architecture designs so I thought I would share these pictures.

thea4thea7thea3thea5thea6

We were told the inside of the building is even more spectacular but it was not open when were driving though the town.

thea2

6 comments:

  1. Incredible! Your vacation looked lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Lots of inspiration there for a quilter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful building! It must have been very satisfying for the designer to see the work when it was finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do not design buildings ornately anymore :(

    ReplyDelete