Friday, August 15, 2014

Good Tidings Quilt

 good1
Finally some quilting to share with you!  I haven’t touched my longarm in over a month so it felt weird to load up a quilt and try to be creative again!  I struggled with what to do in the center of the wreaths so did all the other quilting first.  I started with the SID, then the swirls in the background and the loops in the green and red wreaths.  Once that was all done I sat and stared at the four blank centers of the wreaths…this quilt wasn’t talking or whispering to me at all!  I think my problem was I originally said to myself  ‘don’t do feathers on this quilt’ but I didn’t like any of the drawing I came up with until I drew this. I liked the varying sizes of the feathers instead of an even feather wreath.
good8
The quilt pattern is called Good Tidings by It’s Sew Emma.   The fabric collection is called Solstice by Kate Spain and Kona Snow for the background.   This is actually a guild quilt but I suggested that this be our next Christmas Raffle quilt and everyone agreed!  So I got to shop and the guild paid the bill, good deal!   We pieced this top at our July meeting and we cut enough to make a second one.   This is a great fundraiser for our group as we have a one day raffle at a local craft sale in November and raise about $500.   The ‘drawn today’ aspect of this idea is what sells a lot of tickets.
good3 good4
I took a lot of pictures of this quilt as I have missed blogging about quilting!   This would have been a great one to take pictures of in the snow but it has been 28’c this past week so no chance of that!  :)
good5 good6 good7 good9

12 comments:

  1. Какое сочное! И нежное одновременно!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Tidings 1 looks wonderful, Kathy. The feathered wreathes are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Kathy! Looks like it finally spoke to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect quilting for all the spaces. I'm glad you gave into feathers, they look so good. I'm sure the tickets for this will sell in a flash! Perhaps by sale day you'll have some snow back to geta snow picture? You seem to be having a lovely summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you back at the quilting frame...a fabulous quilting job. Love your feather variation for the wreaths.

    ReplyDelete
  6. какая красота!!!!! очень нежный квилт)) и стежка потрясающая!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous pattern and excellent quilting choice! Interesting to note how successful one day raffles are. I'll remember that. Yes, up in middle Sweden it's also been truly summer this year, at least after the summer solstice, when it was 0*C and we had a fire in the stove. It got to 32* C where I live, and a little warmer down south. Already 5* in the evenings and morns though. Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilting! Boy, it sure was like a duck to water after not quilting for a month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this quilt. It is bright and wintery all at the same time. Your quilting on it just finishes it beautifully. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilting on this is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete