Friday, June 13, 2014

Sunny Days Quilt

lorna6

This is Lorna’s Sunny Days quilt, designed by The Quilt Patch and I actually helped her piece and appliqué this quilt top 5 years ago, that was before I got my longarm.   Lorna hand stitched around all the appliqué pieces with a button hole stitch and it really adds to the folksy feel of the quilt.  I knew it had to be stippled and also have some loops and stars as that goes with the feel of the country style quilt.  I then added bead board quilting to the outer border.

lorna3 

I stitched in the ditch around all the appliqué and added pebbles to the center of the sunflowers and veins to the leaves.  Quilters Dream Blend batting and 5 different So Fine thread.

lorna5lorna2

We have been getting some well needed rain in the evenings and the other night I noticed a rainbow at sunset.  This photo was taken at 10:30pm so the sky was pink.

rainbow

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photo of the sunset!! (And lovely quilt, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those sunflowers and the quilting…nice double rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. I really need to make myself a folk art quilt. Sunflowers, crows. . . love them, yet I haven't made any yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilting is beautiful! I am quilting a 45x55 wall hanging. I usually rent the longarm at our local shop and put it on automatic, but this is a story quilt so am doing each area differently. Gives me so much appreciation for what you do on a regular basis! This process has taken hours and hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this quilt and the way you quilted it . What a gorgeous rainbow !

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice to be photographing rainbows at 10:30 pm! And I really like the quilt, too. Sunflowers are so happy, and you have quilted it perfectly. An excellent collaboration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt is really beautiful, and I love your quilting on it!
    Love your rainbow photo, and bet you'll have lots of gorgeous scenes to capture during the summer. I forget to play with my camera, and almost forget the things I've learned, so I guess I'll take it out with me more often to try to capture some nice elements :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My daughter in-love happens to adore sunflowers! Christmas gift I think! Do you have a pattern or could you tell me how much of each color I would need for a queen size quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also interested in a pattern. Could you advise on where one could be purchased? Thank you -G

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this quilt.
    where can I get the pattern?

    ReplyDelete