Monday, June 23, 2014

Star Light, Star Bright

 rae1

This is Rae’s Star Light, Star Bright batik quilt and she found the pattern at Prairie Chicks Quilt Shop in Warman, Saskatchewan.  I hear their new shop is amazing so if your ever traveling thought Saskatchewan, it’s just north of Saskatoon and a must stop for any quilter.

rae2

Rae made this using a neutral coloured jelly roll and scrap bright batiks.  I brought some of my scraps to guild a few months ago and I see a few of those made it into the quilt!  :)

rae3

I used the Tickle pantograph, beige So Fine thread, and Quilters Dream Blend batting.

rae4 rae5 rae6 rae7

I have 3 quilts left to go before I take my summer break.   I might have to work on a few of those in July as this week my oldest son is graduating from High School!  I just seems like yesterday I was taking him to kindergarten, time flies so fast.   The grad ceremony is on Thursday and Tim’s mom is flying up on Wednesday so I’m not sure how much quilting will be going on here this week.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt and this panto is great!! what a beautiful setting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Whats not to love about scrappy batiks?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Anything with bright happy fabrics always catches my interest.

    ReplyDelete