Saturday, June 28, 2014

Graduation 2014

 grad1

This week my oldest son Andrew graduated from High School with honours!   I am so proud of him and all that he has accomplished.    I can’t believe it was 13 years ago that I was taking him to Kindergarten.  I was always told how fast these years would go by but until it actually happens  it’s hard to really understand the impact that has.  I’ve been a teary all week  thinking about him reaching this milestone and I’m rarely like that. 

grad2

He was awarded a $1000 bursary for college or university.  He plans on staying home this year to work and then continue his education next year.  

grad3

There were 48 students graduating in his class, that is even small for our town.  After the diploma and awards ceremony the students do a traditional Grad March out of the arena (where the grad ceremony is being held) and down the towns Main Street.  They are lead by a piper and two RCMP officers.

grad4grad11grad4 (2)grad7grad5

After the Grad March the students had a Safe Grad party at the arena so they all ran home to get changed into more casual clothes and partied all night!  Andrew got home at 4am and was driven home by parent volunteers, the whole event was very well organized.   I was so happy to get a good picture of Andrew and his 3 best friends before they got out of their suits!

grad7

Before we headed to the grad ceremony I took a few family pictures at home.

grad1 grad2 family   

What happened to that little guy that I sent off to school…

reduced pic 

…he came home a man!  So proud of you Andrew!

grad4

13 comments:

  1. What a wonderful graduation tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! All the best to Andrew! Love the Grad March tradition too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww :) Big Congratulations to your Andrew! Well done, young man! All the young women look so pretty and the men so handsome walking in their gowns and suits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!! I enjoyed each and every photo! Best wishes to the new graduate!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to your son and to the proud parents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful traditions surround graduation where you live. Congratulations to you too, Mama. You might not think so, but you worked as hard for his honors as he did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulazioni Andrew!

    Congratulazioni ai genitori!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to you both! What a fun day -- everything is better with bagpipes, imho.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to Andrew and his proud parents! Such a happy family time. My previous comment got all scrambled and I mistakenly hit "publish" before I could correct it. Please delete it....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! How neat to have a graduation parade

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations and I know how proud you feel! I enjoyed seeing the pics - I love how every place has their own traditions. How interesting that everyone dresses up under their gowns, then changes into casual? Do the girls just wear the formal dresses just that one night? I think that little parade is so cool,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Andrew! What an awesome way involve the community celebrating the graduates!
    What are your plans come September?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, I love how grad is such a big deal in your town - love the parade. It makes it truly beautiful! Congrats on your new grad!

    ReplyDelete