Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Metro Medallion QAL

med3

Jenny and Helen has started another Quilt Along over at Sew Kind Of Wonderful.    They have designed a Medallion block using the Quilt Curve Ruler and shared a tutorial on how to make it here.  The challenge is to make two blocks a week for eight weeks and since I have decided to use my batik and hand dyed scraps for this project which will be my challenge!  I’m going to use different coloured hand dyed fabrics for the frames so we will see how good an idea this is once I get a few more blocks done.  The blocks are very easy to make and Jenny was right they are addictive!

med4

Thought I would add this next picture too!  A Robin has made a beautiful nest in a small spruce tree near my garden and left her nest long enough for me to peek inside to see these two eggs.

robin

4 comments:

  1. great blocks-I'm dying to get going on mine but I keep having other stuff get in the way-ackk! Them being addictive might be a bad thing for me ;)
    Robin eggs are the prettiest blue color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is going to look gorgeous in such bright colours. The nest with the Robins eggs is just beautiful!! Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are gorgeous...I am so close to buying Jenny's ruler!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, love the blocks! Colors are so bright and cheerful. I also love the quilt hanger that your husband made you two make a great team!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete