Thursday, June 20, 2013

Smokey River King Size Quilt

lorette1

This is Lorette’s Smokey River quilt and she added extra borders to this pattern to make it king size.  You can find the original pattern here.  Lorette is new to longarm quilting and just started a blog called Spruce It Up Quilting.   I just love her business name and am looking forward to following her new adventure.   The reason she sent me her quilt top was that it was too big for her 10’ frame.  This quilt is 109”x109” and it just fit on my 12’ frame.

lorette2 lorette3

I used the panto Fascination, Quilters Dream Blend Batting and medium Gray So Fine thread on top and Gray Bottom Line in the bobbin.

lorette4 lorette5

7 comments:

  1. OMG!! SOOO beautiful Kathy! I love it! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the colour mix! Going to check out Lorette's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this pattern on-line and often admired it. It looks absolutely lovely here! That is one big quilt! Love the cobblestone quilt, the ice dyeing, and the pretty log cabin as well. Feathers look so good on the log cabin. You have been very busy, my friend! :-)

    ReplyDelete