Thursday, September 23, 2010
My husband had a great idea that I personalize my ever so common black suitcase with something 'quilty' so I can easily identify it at the airports. (Not only is he smart but he's cute too!!) So I made this little quilt block out of some dyed scraps and velcroed it around the handle. I think that will work great.
So I won't have access to a computer for the next 12 days so my blog will be quiet for awhile. I have a cupboard full of quilts awaiting my attention when I get back so I am looking forward to getting at those once I return.
at 7:07 PM
Monday, September 13, 2010
This is a clients twin size Mystery quilt and this pretty quilt will be for her granddaughter. I used the Butterfly Charm panto and was very happy to be able to dig into my new supply of King Tut thread to quilt this one. A few weeks ago I came across a post on a quilting forum from a lady selling all her King Tut thread for a great deal. I jumped on the chance and got it!! So last week the box arrived and I was very please with the color selections...definately my taste. So I used a soft purple varigated King Tut thread on the top and a light purple So Fine thread on the botton.
at 12:52 PM
Thursday, September 9, 2010
at 5:20 PM
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Okay so now to my dyeing story. I thought this time when dyeing a backing I would piece the fabric first and then dye it as one whole piece...sounds good right. The color and texture turned out great but for some reason one piece of fabric didn't take the dye like the rest. ??? Sigh. What did I do wrong this time?After some discussion with my other 'dyer' friends about my backing dilemma it seems to be that I might have washed that one piece in regular laundry soap instead of our dyers TNA soap...who know it would make that much of a difference! It is the same fabric but from a different bolt so that could be a factor too. So from now on I will only use fabric from the same bolt that have been washed together before I piece the backing together. I loved how the texture of dyeing the whole piece hides the center seam, it is very hard to see.
I used beige thread on the top and navy on the bottom and to prove to those nay sayers that you can't use two different color threads on top and bottom here is the proof. It is so important to learn how to use that tension knob, don't be afraid to turn it!!!
Had a little visitor check out the quilting too.
at 1:42 PM
Sunday, September 5, 2010
I have been dyeing fabric this week and made another grand discovery...you know the 'oops' kind. I'll share that story in my next post.
|My tomatoes are doing pretty good and I might even get a few to ripen on the vine!|
at 4:07 PM
Thursday, September 2, 2010
at 9:20 PM
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
|It was very cloudy and windy today so another tricky photo shoot.|
I use my neighbours clothes line for many of my picture and they have sold their cottage as of October 1 so I hope the new neighbour keep the line up and let me use it! I'll have to think of a great 'welcome to the neighbourhood' gift and casually mention how much I loved sharing the clothes line with the previous owners :)
at 6:32 PM