Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Surprise

Look what I found under my tree this year!  I have such a sweet hubby and he said he even bought it before I asked.  Then he gives me a card that says I'll find the rest of my present is in the garage.  I jokingly say "What a new car too!!!"   LOL.   So off to the garage we go, up the stairs to his train room and there on the floor is a BIG box.   Inside was all this!!!


I was shocked to see the Volume 1 Start Set!

Now I know why he suggested we cook our turkey yesterday and just relax today. He knew I would have to try it out right away and of coarse I did.  But which one to try...there are 19 dies ( one was still in the box with the cutter)!!  I decided to start with the Tumbler block.

I found 5 oriental fabrics I bought about 3 years ago, thinking I would collect more but I didn't, and started cutting.  I was able to cut 6 layers with no problems.

Not sure if I'm going to start sewing or find more fabric to cut!!
Hope your christmas was full of surprises just like mine was.
Merry Christmas and Thanks Tim!!


7 comments:

  1. WOW!!! You're husbands knows how to shop. Im sure you'll make good use of this new toy. I may be looking at one myself soon. Keep us updated on all the great features!
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Now I'm green with envy.....Tim is one thoughful husband. Knowing you, you will make good use from it. Aren't there some wonderful gadgets out there? C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy...I am speechless.....n that's saying something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kathy! What a wonderful surprise!! Bless your husband's heart :) Can't wait to see what you create!!! Yay! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, Tim is a wonderful shopper, I am sooo jealoous, and I won't even get to see it at guild until I get home in March. So not fair
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE my Accuquilt cutter! Best purchase yet for me :)

    ReplyDelete