Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Wildflower

Munch, munch, munch....I just can't stop eating Halloween candy, I must be a bit stressed (see my post on the guild's blog).  So I spent the day working on the new Mystery quilt trying to salvage what I could from what felt like a train wreck yesterday. A new day always puts a better perspective on things and I managed to fix the mistake using the miss-cut fabric and my extra. I feel very confident now that everyone else doing this project will have enough fabric since I only bought the required amount.   I purchased my fabric out of town ( like everyone else) and it was $20/m black batik so I was very happy to have had enough.  Black is not an easy color to match especially black batik! 
The quilt above is my clients 2009 Mystery quilt.    She is traveling half way across the world right now and  hoped I would post pictures for her so she could see it when it was done. *waves Hi *    Glad the weather cooperated today and I could take pictures in my favorite spot.   I used a new pantograph called Wildflowers by Jodi Beamish.
Hope you had a fun Halloween!  Munch, munch, munch......


4 comments:

  1. Another great looking Mystery. It is amazing how you are able to quilt each one differently. Today was an amazing day, wasn't it? We are being spoiled. Reality will be here soon enough.A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful quilting. The quilt is gorgeous and your quilting made it more so. I'm off to read your post on the guild's blog. Slow down enough to enjoy your Halloween candy :) Wouldn't like for your teeth to look like your pumpkins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting Kathy. I see the quilting and it looks just great. It really can be a small world at times. Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love the colours! and the quilting of course! E

    ReplyDelete