Thursday, June 24, 2010

Black and White Baskets

This is one of the prettiest Black and White quilts I have ever seen and I was also lucky enough to be asked to quilt it.  I cross hatched the borders, quilted a feather wreath in the setting squares and did a free hand feather motif around the baskets.   My client has made the special birthday in her family the 40th and she will be giving quilts for those birthdays.   
Yes... that is white thread on black fabric....I was being brave and really like how it turned out.  I know my backtracks on the feathers are more noticable on the back but I told myself that is okay, they look just fine.  After all at my age I've learnt to not be so hard on myself.  (36 day to the big 40...not that I'm counting)

2 comments:

  1. Now, I do like those feathers!! They fit in perfectly especially around the baskets!
    Your client and you have produced a very special quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that is 'Tres Chic'!

    Kay in Scotland

    ReplyDelete