Thursday, November 19, 2009

Feathers and Roses





It is so nice to get back to the front of the machine. I still find custom quilting scary but once I get going that all disappears. So I quilted a bit of everything on my clients beautiful quilt. Cross hatching in the outer borders, feathers in the inner border, CC in the triangles and red squares and swirls in the sashing. The blocks have a free hand rose in the center and a flower with leaf/ribbon ( can't deside what it is but I like it) motif in the light fabric.
I thought I would also mention that I'm taking an online coarse called The Quilt Whisperer with teacher Carla Barrett. I have followed her blog for awhile and when Lori mentioned that Carla was offering an online class we both signed up. It's through the MQResourse site, I now have a link to it under my blogcounter.
Well I better go listen to my quilts now, they have been awfully quiet especially the guilds Birdhouse quilt, not even a peep out of that one yet.


2 comments:

  1. Ooooooo, so gorgeous! What a beautiful quilt and the quilting is amazing. You really made that quilt sing. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda! Hope my client thinks so too.

    ReplyDelete