Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Mystery Quilt number.....




...okay I think I have lost count but I haven't quilted two the same yet. It is amazing how different they look with different fabric choices. My client chose beautiful shades of browns for her quilt and I found a brown thread that showed up nicely on the light and dark fabrics. I'm always thrilled when I put those first few stitches into a quilt and realized I got the thread color right. I must admit many times I have started a quilt only to pick out the stitches because the thread wasn't right.
I used the Whirlygig panto on this one and you can see the whole pattern nicely on the back of this quilt.


2 comments:

  1. I am not sure I like your visitor counter. I find I am visiting less often so as not to let on just how many times I check your site in the hope of seeing another magical quilt. Of course your clients have a lot to do with the magic but yours is the final dusting that truly makes the quilt come alive. Keep up the great work, Kathy. A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just putting the final dusting on another quilt...don't let that counter keep you from checking you never know when and what I might post. I'm pretty sure I have added about 100 ticks to the counter with all my goofing around on here.

    ReplyDelete